Thursday, June 7, 2012

Counting Joys

Contrary to what it may look like, I have, in fact, written things on this blog lately. However, I haven't been brave enough to press the 'publish' button at the bottom of the entry. Each entry has been a little too personal and raw to toss out into the world wide web. To quote my mother, "These last six months have been a lot." And each time I hear her say that I let out a sigh of relief because I'm comforted that I'm not alone in feeling like this past season has indeed been a beating. Tonight on the phone my mom challenged me to write up a blog entry that counts the many joys in my life. So here is a list:

- Hunter & Kendall, my sweet niece and nephew and the ultimate Honey Boo Boo Children
- My sister and brother-in-law that regularly let me be an observer in their living room via Facetime
- Brinkley Boo (aka Sugar Pup!), the bravest Boxer dog in all the land
- Co-workers that make me laugh so hard I cry
- Roomies that love to share stories and life over lots of queso...and group texts at night
- My sister graduating high school and a fun time of being with all family
- Way too many sporting events on the tele: NBA Playoffs, French Open, US Golf Open
- A family friend that works near me who has given me great advice and encouragement in the last few months
- Monday Bachelorette nights with friends and food
- Tia & Tamara's reality TV show hitting the airwaves again next week (Why is it so good?!)
- Really amazing interns in our office the last two years (I know this seems odd but I have been really blessed by them)
- My great friend Kathryn marrying an amazing man -- and getting to be with her for a few days leading up to the big day and criss-crossing Dallas with her in the Blaze (may it rest in peace)
- My same friend Kathryn completing a FULL IRONMAN on my 27th birthday and being able to watch her cross the finish line on the internet --- thank you technology!
- Jim Gaffigan's latest stand up. See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsMqakE7noE

I'll end with a great verse about another thing to count all joy even in hard seasons:
My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,  knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. - James 1:2-4

2 comments:

  1. Glad for all your joys and SO wish I could have seen you when you were in Dallas--but weddings are busy, and that I get. Thanks for the Gaffigan link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across your blog when doing an image search for the Berenstein Bear book about junk food, then got to reading this post.

    I just posted a similar post on my own blog: http://thedaileebailey.blogspot.com/2012/11/faves.html

    Cheers,
    Bailey

    ReplyDelete