Sunday, May 1, 2011

"Eavesdropping is nosey"

I used to blog.  But I found myself writing things and posting them on the world wide web that I regretted posting weeks later. I don't necessarily regret that I wrote the things I did...but I learned quickly that the interweb is not to be trusted with your soul. Lately, I have been inspired to blog by a co-worker: she blogs about the house she and her husband just bought and are fixing up. It is short, sweet, funny, witty and a nice short read.  So here I am attempting a blog that is short, sweet, funny, witty and a nice short read. I think I may already be failing.

So why, "Voices that Carry"? Well because I have learned two things in life so far: 1) I am an excellent eavesdropper; 2) People that have voices that carry generally annoy me.  All of you are nervous right now - that's ok.  I recently was eating at a restaurant for lunch alone (details aren't important) and I found myself eavesdropping to the conversation next to me...(blog post to come)...and so I put out a status that said, "You never eat alone when you are an excellent eavesdropper". I received comments back that said things from,"I like that" to "Nosey." 

So here we go - this is my attempt: to blog for fun about my daily eavesdroppings (which will never be work related - thank you also to coworker who pointed out a woman once got fired for that and now is running the blog full time...making tons of money). I will also be blogging about voices that carry...eternal things, sarcastic things, hilarious things and genuinely good things. I hope you find it short, sweet, funny, witty and a nice short read.

3 comments:

  1. Bring it on!! I'm up for wisdom always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! You are witty and so clever. I can't wait to keep up with this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! Got it on my toolbar and will check it often :)

    ReplyDelete