Monday, May 30, 2011

"Do you think we're going to die?"

My brother-in-law told me I have to post everyday. Naturally I do as he says. I'm sorry that y'all aren't getting any good eavesdropping stories but the only places I spend my time are at work and home right now. And I can't blog about either. So - here is a chance to again eavesdrop into my life.

Today is Memorial Day and the Legislative Session also "ended" today. So today everyone at the Capitol was at work.  Austin also has a triathlon every Memorial Day called the Capital of Texas Triathlon. The bike portion goes right down the street I work on and forms a loop between the parking garage I park my car in and our office building. So every other year I run across the street screaming like Miss Piggy when she is yelling at Kermit. I wont lie - I was looking forward to my crossing attempt (a police officer is "there" to tell you when to go but he kind of just stares at you like...."hope it works out for you"). In the meantime there are men on bikes worth thousands of dollars gaining speed down a hill, wearing their alien helmets showing no regard for the fact that you have to go to work.

Ok - so I had made it to the road and was watching to see when there would be enough of a break in the bikes so that I could begin my Miss Piggy yell/run when a woman - probably in her mid-to-late fifties with sunglasses on trailing one of those luggage/purse/briefcase things rolls up besides me and looks to the left at the upcoming bikes and says, "Do you think we're going to die?" I thought to myself..."Well, I'm not because I plan on screaming and running full speed across the street - but you probably will die trailing that piece of luggage across." I kept my thoughts to myself and said aloud, "Probably not but I promise it will be the most exciting part of our day." She then responded, "Please - the most exciting part of my day  is when I get to leave this place." Total maverick. Alas, we made it across the street.

And when I got to my office I found this waiting for me:
Aaaaah! It is beautiful isn't it? My coworker introduced me to the recipe last week and made it this weekend. If you look closely you will see a bottom layer of cookie - a middle layer of Oreos - and a top layer of brownie. And yes. It was delicious.

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness--is that a cupcake? sounds de-lish. especially with milk.

    ReplyDelete