Tuesday, June 28, 2011

"Sexy, beach hair"

So much to tell you about. My cousin got married and I was lucky enough to be able to stand up with her as a bridesmaid during their ceremony. But alas that is not subject of this post...I realized I needed to blog about a certain girl that I sat next to on the plane on the way to Indy when I got in the car with my cousin Meghan and said..."Oh, I sat next to this girl on the plane...and ugggh...she had a voice that carried." The light went on in my head and I knew I had a good blog.
 
So my mom and I get on the plane in Chicago...and unfortunately I was the person that picked the seat next to this girl. I sat in the middle and my mom was in the aisle seat. The girl was approximately 95 pounds, in her late 20's and was pretty.  My mom asked her where she worked and she told us how she manages Aveda stores (right mom?) in the Chicago area...but lives outside of Indianapolis with her fiance....but is from Ohio. Ok - so at this point in the conversation I'm liking her...she is nice enough...until she started talking about how she works 16 hour days and doesn't eat her entire shift because she is so busy that she does not notice she's hungry. Riiiiiight. I have a busy job too, girl - so does my mom....I still find plenty of time to shove approx. 4-6 cookies in my mouth regularly while on the job. (Exhibit A) Anyways, my mom started talking about tons of hair product things with this girl. I think the highlight was when the girl reached across me to touch my mom's hair and tell her what kind of product to use. My other highlight was when she was gabbing about how she gets, "sexy, beach hair" without washing her hair for a week straight by using some product...all this while her head is right in front of Lucas Oil Stadium on our descent into Indy...the whole time I'm trying to look around her head secretly yelling in my mind, "GIRL, MOVE YOUR BIG HEAD - THERE'S A FOOTBALL STADIUM TO SEE"...and she just kept moving...and with that....there went my chance to see the stadium from above.  *Sigh*. 
 
On a side note - my mom may be the best person to travel with...she is a counselor by trade and whoever sits next to her hits the JACKPOT. And you know why? Because they get approximately 1-2 hours of FREE counseling while on the airplane. And they all want it. On our flight back to Austin from Chicago (while both of us were on about 24 hours of no sleep I might add) I would doze in and out of hearing this man tell his life story to my mom...his dad's problem with alcohol...his wife's family issues. I mean...she has a gift. Start praying for an open seat on Southwest next to my mother now!

No comments:

Post a Comment