Sunday, May 29, 2011

"I feel sorry for you..."

My brother in law told me that if I don't blog soon he will un-follow me. So here I am. This time I will let you eavesdrop into my world for a bit.

About a week and a half ago I had a birthday. At one point in my office I had 3.5 dozen cookies, a dozen cupcakes, and an entire chocolate cake give to me. It reminds me of the story my mom tells of when my oldest sister was a little girl. My sister was being taken care of by another woman who had a daughter my sister's age.  They were in a park and were picking flowers. The woman noticed my sister just standing there and said, "Cara, why don't you pick some flowers for your mommy?" My sister responded, "Oh, my mommy doesn't like flowers - she likes food." Alas, the apple has not fallen far from the tree.

So when I left work on my birthday I put half of the cookies I had received in a container and took the other half home. On Monday I was sitting at my computer doing some work when someone came in to ask a question.  He noticed me picking away at my container that had about 6 cookies in it and made a comment that things must be pretty bad as I was eating a container of cookies close to 12:00PM (I still do not see the issue here). I went about my day ---STOPPED eating the cookies at some point I'm sure--- then picked them up again about an hour later. SAME person comes in...looks down to see that my container of cookies has dwindled from 6 to 2 and says, "Wow....I feel really sorry for you - you just pounded like 1,000 calories worth of cookies." Now this was shocking to me because I didn't think it was socially acceptable to comment on someone's cookie intake. ESPECIALLY if you are not a woman/best-friend/sister who is in the process of also "pounding" said cookies. But overall, it made me laugh. And for all of you taking score at home - eating 4 cookies in a row is not unusual. I didn't even feel it!

Fast forward two days. After my birthday someone also gave me a package of mini-butterfinger's. So I had one in the afternoon. About an hour later I was in my other friend's office stealing some Twizzlers with a coworker and he said, "OH MY GOODNESS WHAT IS ON THE BACK OF YOUR SKIRT?" Upon further investigation I realized that tiny orange pieces of Butterfinger were stuck all over the back of my skirt. Once I figured it out I said laughing, "Oh gosh - you do not want to know."....This made my coworker even more nervous so I explained to him that I had eaten a Butterfinger at my desk and I guess it had fallen in my chair and then I had sat on it and now I was walking around the office for who knows how long with pieces of Butterfinger plastered all along the back of my skirt. I could tell he was kind of relieved.

So there is my update! I hope you find as much humor in these stories as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment